If you’re considering a remodel for your bathroom than take into account these current trends in bathroom decor and design that were featured in a recent article on the DIY Network’s website. The key to a unique, fresh and affordable design for your bathroom is forethought. Do your research, design a plan and stick to your budget for the project and, we promise, you’ll be thrilled with the final result.
1) Tile the ceiling: To extend the elegance of tiled walls continue the pattern onto the ceiling! Experiment with splashes of color, metallic tiles or Moroccan prints to make your bathroom a true standout.
2) Black & white: While the simple tones of black & white are already a classic, use of patterned accessories in these colors is more popular than ever. Consider painting or stenciling cabinets with black & white scroll work, adding printed curtains or simply sticking to a two-tone color palette for an immediately elegant feel.
3) Flat sinks: Recessed sinks are one of the most on-trend accessories for 2013. Consider purchasing a flat, glass sink for an extra-modern twist!
4) Themes: As the article’s author points out, choosing a theme for your bathroom is one of the newest decorating trends. Popular choices include oriental, tribal and ocean themes.
5) Faux wall: Unique stains and hues applied to walls and cabinets add dimension and artistry to a room.
6) Curtains/windows: Undoubtedly one of the most overlooked aspects of a bathroom is the window treatments. Invest in quality fabrics and creative rods and bars for an instant window transformation.