When you are using a moulding there are many benefits that are listed below:
- Increased Value – Adding moulding to part or your entire home adds value to the home. Elegance and style is something that adds overall worth to a house.
- Showcase Style – With so many types and styles available, adding moulding gives you a great opportunity to put your designer hat on and create a look that matches your fashion.
- Reduce Finishing Costs – In some cases, using moulding in certain ways can reduce the costs to finish a home by covering gaps and spaces created during construction or remodeling.
Sometimes during construction there will be small spaces created. Contractors are well known for using baseboards along with door and window casings to cover-up these cosmetic blemishes.
- Closing gaps between walls and the floor.
- Covering gaps at the door and wall intersections.
- Covering cable or speaker wiring that runs along the floorboards or ceiling.
- Allow transition points between paint colors or different textured materials.
- Create contrast points between colors and materials.
When it gets down to it, the question is not, “Why should I use moulding in my home?” The question should be, “Why am I not using moulding already?”