If you’re remodeling your kitchen you now have more choices for your countertops than ever before. Al the choices are great but it can make the decision a difficult one. Many people are starting to mix styles and materials. If you want to do mix styles it’s good to know about the pros and cons of the different styles. Below we review the different types of kitchen countertops.
Wood was used as a countertop until stone became cheaper in the 80’s. Wood is now making a comeback. Wood costs range from $50-$200 per square foot installed.
- Adds warmth to the kitchen
- Surface can be sanded if damaged
- Won’t damage knives and other utensils
- Can burn very easily
- Needs to be oiled or stained
- May absorb food odors
- Water can blacken the wood