HOME BUILDERS ASSOCIATION ANNOUNCES INDUSTRY LEADERSHIP AWARDS
WEST BLOOMFIELD, Mich. – December 7, 2017 – The Home Builders Association of Southeastern Michigan (HBA) is proud to announce its 2017 Industry Leadership Award honorees. Awards were presented on December 6 at the association’s Awards Night and Holiday Celebration held at The Diamond Center at Suburban Collection Showplace in Novi. Nearly 400 members and guests attended the event which is an annual celebration for local builders, land developers, remodelers and suppliers to the home construction industry.
“Our honorees have shaped the current residential landscape of Southeastern Michigan and are diligently creating its future,” said Michael Stoskopf, CEO of HBA. “It is a pleasure and an honor to acknowlege their accomplishments.”
Award honorees include:
- HBA President – Bill Phillips, Windham Development
- Hall of Fame- William J. Pulte
- Bert L. Smokler Builder of the Year – Jack Healy, Healy Homes
- Young Builder of the Year – Aaron L. Rosenhaus, Uniland Corp.
- Multifamily Construction Builder of the Year – Burton-Katzman/CORE Partners Associates, LLC
- Developer of the Year – Robertson Brothers Homes
- Development of the Year – Bald Mountain by Pulte Homes
- Samuel Kreis Award for Distinguished Service – Spencer Roed, Multi Drywall and Partition, LLC
- Distinguished Service Award in Government – Senator Mike Kowall, Michigan District 15
- Thomas Ricketts Award – Building Official – Sid Browne,Jr., City of Rochester
- Distinguished Service Award – Urban Home Building – Todd Sachse, Sachse Construction & Development
- Distinguished Service Award – HBA – Rosalie Lamb, HBA of SE MI
- Don Maillho Memorial Award in Banking – Lake Michigan Credit Union
- Subcontractor of the Year – Anthony Ciotti, TLA Interiors
- Associate of the Year – Steven Shapiro, ASA Builders Supply
- Professional Services to the Building Industry – H. William Freeman, Sullivan Ward, Asher & Patton
- Special Recognition: Workforce Advocate of the Year – David Meador, DTE Energy
- Special Recognition: Workforce Instructor of the Year – Joe Churches, Dakota High School
- Special Recognition: Distinguished Service in Architecture – Dominick Tringali, RA, Moceri Custom Homes
- Remodeler of the Year – Randy Travis, CAPS, CGR, CLR, Ramtra Remodeling, LLC
- Distinguished Service to the Remodeling Industry – Mark Renn, H.J. Oldenkamp Co.
- Distinguished Service to the Professional Women in Building – Elizabeth Wyss, Habitat for Humanity of Oakland County
- New Home Sales Manager of the Year – Brent Pasquantonio, Vitale Real Estate
Winners of the 2017 Remodeling Design Awards and HBA Service Award honorees were also recognized at the celebration.